PGT® is the authority on impact-resistant windows and doors. Our expertise is founded from our collaboration with Miami-Dade County to establish testing protocols for impact-resistant products. As a result of this partnership, in 1996 PGT became the first manufacturer to offer a full-suite of impact-resistant windows and doors that are – to this day – among the strongest, safest, and most reliable products in the industry.
‘Engineered to perform’ is a phrase we use a lot when we talk about our WinGuard® impact-resistant windows and doors. It’s also a phrase we say with confidence because these products are engineered to meet the toughest hurricane codes in the nation. And because we’ve seen them perform, both in our test lab and in the “real world”, where more than three million units have been installed and zero impact failures have been reported.
The benefits of our flagship product line go beyond just hurricanes. WinGuard also protects against outside noise, break-ins, UV rays and high energy bills.
PGT WinGuard Aluminum windows and doors:
- Feature heavy-duty, extruded aluminum frames along with corrosion-resistant hardware fasteners with stainless-steel options
- Are manufactured with laminated glass to ensure protection and are topped off with a powder-coat paint finish
- Promise Effortless Hurricane Protection® Help deter intruders and is backed by one of the industry’s best warranties
- Significantly reduce outdoor noise and filter out 99% of damaging UV rays
- Offer ENERGY STAR® qualified configurations
- Are customizable with frame colors, hardware finishes, glass tints, grid styles and patterns
With all these benefits, it’s easy to see why PGT WinGuard is the best-selling brand of impact-resistant windows and doors in America.
product line update
• Hinged frame which surrounds a glass pane that extends almost the full height of the door • Pre-hung • Heavy duty hinge • Optional sidelites available • Concealed 2-point locking system • Prepped for industry-standard hardware
• Fixed (non-operable) windows and are often used as accent windows
• Available in a variety of sizes
• Installation covers
• Available in popular Fixed Lite Architectural shapes
• Hinged on the right or left hand side and can be opened by turning a handle • Available in single vent or custom units • Multi-point locking system • Egress hinge standard • Optional washable hinge • Optional fold away handle
• Sashes positioned side-by-side to allow the window to be closed horizontally • Available in 2- and 3- lite configurations • Low-friction brass tandem rollers in a nylon housing • Removable sash design • Configuration Options
• Fixed (non-operable) windows and are often complemented by an architectural style window • Available in a variety of sizes • Installation covers
• One or more glass door panels that move horizontally along upper and lower tracks • French door-look • Expansions of up to 40 feet • Panels up to 4’ x 12’ or 5’ x 10’ • By-pass or pocket, and 90-degree or 135-degree corner door configurations • Dual-point locking mechanism • Heavy-duty tandem rollers • Optional unique, stylish handles available • Optional screens available
- Movable bottom sash that slides open vertically
- Pre-tensioned spiral balance system
- Integrated lift rails and deluxe swivel locks
- Configuration options