PGT® is the authority on impact-resistant windows and doors. After Hurricane Andrew devastated South Florida and caused billions of dollars in damage, PGT worked with Miami-Dade County to establish new codes and testing protocols to give greater protection to people and property when the next storm hit. And so WinGuard® was born – the first full suite of impact-resistant windows and doors. Since then, WinGuard has been among the strongest, safest and most-reliable products in the industry, and now we’ve made it even better.
Our new PGT WinGuard Vinyl products feature their most-attractive profile ever, with larger sizes capable of handling the highest design pressures. The new and improved WinGuard Vinyl still meets the toughest hurricane codes in the country. It still protects against flying debris, intruders, outside noise and UV rays. It’s still everything you love about the nation’s #1 brand of impact-resistant windows and doors—plus a whole lot more.
This is one product line that fits every need, so there’s no reason to compromise. You can have the same great look and same robust construction throughout your home, in every frame small to large. PGT WinGuard Vinyl windows and doors provide continuous, effortless hurricane protection – as well as protection from intruders, UV rays, and outside noise. No more wrestling with ugly, metal shutters. No more hanging even uglier plywood. Which means there’s one more thing WinGuard protects: the beauty of your home.
WinGuard Vinyl windows and doors:
• Feature laminated insulating glass to provide an all-in-one solution for continuous, effortless hurricane protection
• Help deter intruders and are backed by one of the industry’s best warranties
• Significantly reduce outdoor noise and filter out 99% of damaging UV rays
• Offer ENERGY STAR® qualified configurations
• Are customizable with frame colors, hardware finishes, glass tints, grid styles and patterns
With all these benefits, it’s easy to see why PGT WinGuard is the best-selling brand of impact-resistant windows and doors.
product line update
• Hinged frame which surrounds a glass pane that extends almost the full height of the door
• Mechanically fastened corners
• Traditional panel joinery
• Multi-point locking system
• Stainless steel hinges
• Conventional 4-9/16”frame depth
• Solid cellular vinyl material
• Optional sidelites available
• One of more glass door panels that move horizontally along upper and lower tracks • Crystal Achievement Award-winning design • Expansions of up to 40 feet • Panels up to 4' x 10' or 5' x 8' • By-pass or pocket door configurations • Dual-point locking mechanism • Heavy-duty tandem rollers • Hidden installation and assembly screws • Raised pull handles or recessed pulls available • High performance options available