Venice , FL
Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Summary of Job Duties:
Performs initial steps of manufacturing or feeder line:
- Assembles frames, sashes, and components.
- Operates die machines with no/minimal set up.
- Loads processed parts and assembled frames on carts or in bins in correct batch sequence.
- Performs daily housekeeping and maintenance for hand and power tools or machine.
- Reports non-conforming raw materials or processed parts to leader.
- Interprets applicable portion of production ticket.
- Operates and understands maintenance requirements of hand and power tools.
- Recognizes the components used in regularly performed job tasks.
- Identifies non-conforming raw materials and parts encountered in regularly performed job tasks.
Education, Experience & Skills Required:
- Understands and promotes team culture.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, up to 75 lbs., on a regular basis depending on product being produced.
- Understands and follows company policies, such as attendance and conduct.
- Understands employee’s role in Gainsharing and makes positive contributions to increase Gainsharing.
- Demonstrates team skills.
- Respects and appreciates diversity of others.
- Contributes to achieving team goals.
- Demonstrates willingness to shift tasks performed, as needed.
- Knows fire evacuation routes and how to operate fire extinguishers.
- Understands “Right to Know” information for department and line.
- Understands need for and regularly wears PPE.
- Applies effective responses to accidents.
- Uses tape measure correctly.
- Follows company’s workers comp procedures.
- Tags chemical containers and disposes of used chemicals and rags/towels properly.
To apply for this position:
- Download an application: pgt_job_application.pdf
- Complete all sections
- Return the completed form to PGT's Human Resources Department located in the main office building at 1070 Technology Drive, N. Venice, FL between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
- Fax to (941) 486-0809